Woo! I've got a couple of projects on the go, but naturally, few are finished and documented just yet.
Except for one measly DIY IKEA hack that I slammed in about half an hour.
This was one of those projects that I put on the back burner because it simply wasn't urgent on my spruce-up-the-house list. When we got married and moved into this house, Scientist Husband brought with him a few IKEA rice paper shade lamps. Most of the shades didn't completely survive the move and this table lamp (actually, one similar, since I didn't take a picture of the poor thing) has been hiding in shame in the basement:
So I removed what was left of the tattered rice paper shade and decided to use some leftover fabric from the dining room curtain panels that Mom and I made in the spring. By measuring the length of the supporting metal rods inside the lamp, I cut out a nice swatch of fabric and decided I might as well tackle this one. The little dude was napping and I figured I still had a bit of uninterrupted time to concentrate on something.
At first, I wanted to use Modge Podge, but it quickly became clear that that wasn't going to do the trick. Hail, glue gun! I pretty much glued the fabric around each frame, waited for it to dry, and inserted the supporting rods back in place.
The lamp is going to hang out in the guest room until I decided to take the plunge and get started on its transformation ... Which is soon ...