Sunday 23 September 2012

Party Hard-y!

Gosh, what a busy week.

It's the week I decided to start painting the guest room, even though I was also prepping for my daughter's TENTH birthday. Holy crap. Ten years old.

I went with a very typical fall theme. It's weird because my daughter is now at the age when cutesy themes just aren't cool anymore. It was a small affair of just family and two of my daughter's closest pals. The latter kept us up with their sleepover giggles and screams.

Here are a few snacks and treats I prepared. Thanks to Pinterest, I scored some fabulous recipes and ideas for yummy things to serve. The best part is that they are all super easy to make. Pumpkin fluff dip literally consists of whipped cream, canned pumpkin, one package of instant vanilla pudding mix, and pie spice (nutmeg, cinnamon, clove). The skewers were made from sliced strawberries, lemon cake cut into rounds, and whipped cream. Mmmmm, someone loves whipped cream ...

The acorn treats are fun to assemble, even of your kids want to help. I used almond Hershey Kisses, Voortmans mini coconut cookies, milk chocolate chips, and natural peanut butter for the glue. So. Good. And a little too easy to pop in your mouth, FYI.

I love the vintage quality that pennant or bunting garlands lend to party decor. I buy scrapbooking paper when it goes on clearance at craft stores, because you never know when it might come in handy. So I used that to make my pennants and they are especially cute when paired with pom-poms in coordinating colours. For the place settings, I made name cards from patterned paper and secured them to pinecones. These were then nestled into folded bandanas, which I thought felt pretty country and tied into the fall theme.



No comments: