Friday 16 November 2012

Making a Crayon Roll

My niece is a budding little artiste. She's always been "the quiet one", with big eyes that are always watching. It shouldn't have really surprised us when she started doodling instead of battling to get attention, like her older sister and cousin (who are both loud, crazy confident girls).

After seeing a great tutorial at The Pleated Poppy on how to see your own crayon roll, I knew that my little niece would be getting one for Christmas. Since I started sewing a few months ago, I'm always on the lookout for simple projects to take on. And let me tell you, if you can sew a straight line (actually, lots of them), you can make a crayon roll!

Please read the full tutorial at HERE. This project is completely hers, and I thank her for making her instructions clear and easy to follow.

The only thing I did differently was filling the roll with wood-less pencil crayons, instead of regular wax crayons. I just thought they were neat, since there's no sharpening needed. I also used flannelette fabric throughout the project. I only did this because I liked the prints better than the ones I found in the cotton and canvas sections.

Happy sewing!

No comments: